Brigade Bar + Kitchen is a smoke & grill social enterprise restaurant founded by Simon Boyle 8 years ago. We cook with the very best produce on our Ox Grill or in our Bertha Oven from the UK, mainly Cornwall, working closely with supplier to source the best ingredients with a genuine focus of “it’s all about the ingredients”.
Working alongside BeyondFood Foundation, we aim to inspire a future outside of homelessness through training and development of our apprentices which has seen us train over 120 people through our business into fulltime employment over the past 8 years.
We are looking for Head chef to lead our kitchen, developing both the team and apprentices day to day, working to develop with our seasonal 7 day a week, breakfast lunch and dinner menu. We average 150 covers daily, in addition to that, have private dining rooms which we're currently developing to add to the business.
It is essential that you have worked with wood and fire grills, in a high volume, produce driven business with a strong view on training and development.
Your role will require the following:
- Coaching, training and developing our apprentices
- Look at the developmentand planning of menus
- Develop new styles of service and concepts in the location
- Compile all food orders, ensuring food standardsand cost are agreed with the General Manager
- Ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
- Plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- To maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information as required by the General Manager.
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy.
- To set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen
- To motivate and assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate:
Has worked with with wood and fire grills, in a high volume, produce driven business with a strong view on training and development of the permanent team and apprentices.