We are currently looking for an experienced, committed Head Chef to join Harcourt Inns group and lead one of our kitchen teams. You will be working closely with the group Chef Director and you’ll have responsibility for all things kitchen-related.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- a minimum of 2years experience in a similar role in a busy, high-end casual dining business
- training & competence in classical French cooking techniques
- a flair and enthusiasm for working with the best available ingredients to create new dishes and continually develop the menu offer
- the ability to lead and motivate a small, close-knit team of up to 12 staff
- a service- and guest-focused approach, coupled with a genuine enjoyment of delivering hospitality
- the ability and desire to blend a restaurant-standard food offering with the demands of a vibrant neighbourhood pub
- Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Level-2 training [minimum]
- awareness of and competence in key financial controls, such as dish costing, stock management and labour/wage management
You will be able to:
- support the General Manager in developing and improving the business through shared responsibility and accountability
- apply your knowledge and experience to lead the training and development of your team
- confidently lead service from the pass and manage the kitchen on a day-to-day basis, dealing effectively with any challenges which may arise
- work to agreed standards and deadlines, and support and guide your team to do the same
The Ideal Candidate:
As the Head Chef, you will have worked in fresh food-led businesses where quality and consistency are the highest priorities and you will have led your team to ensure the efficient running of service to deliver these. Experience of new openings is not essential but may be an advantage.
Our kitchens are led by the renowned Henry Harris as Chef Director. Our menus reflect Henry’s long experience of serving authentic French bourgeois, bistrot-style cuisine whilst incorporating the individual influences of each Head Chef in his or her kitchen.
It is essential that you’re dependable, responsible, committed to all aspects of the role and are able to show initiative and creativity in your work. Your daily focus will be to train and supervise the entire kitchen team to ensure that everything we serve from the kitchen meets a consistently high standard while maintaining safe, compliant working practices and ensuring the efficient operation of the business.
You will also be confident and willing to support the General Manager and will appreciate the importance of working closely with the front-of-house team.
Experience of managing private dining and events is desirable and some experience of working in a business where there were guest bedrooms may also be an advantage as each of our properties has 4-6 B&B rooms.
Above all, we are looking for someone who shares our enthusiasm and love for classical French and modern British food, with a genuine love for hospitality, and who will lead their team to deliver it with warmth and a spirit of generosity.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a young, dynamic team operating quality-focused, award winning London dining pubs and to develop with the company as it grows.