Are you a passionate foodie who wants to work day time hours only in one of the most highly regarded Australian cafes in London? We are looking for a Head Chef for our Fitzrovia site; a cosy and busy 30 seater restaurant which is open 7 days a week for breakfast and lunch. NO NIGHTS!
Since opening in 2008 we have grown to 3 central London café/restaurants and published a cookbook in 2014. We are consistently recognised as a leader in our field of all day casual dining. Our menu is inspired by Australia’s melting pot of culinary cultures and we pride ourselves on making everything in house with the best produce.
The ideal candidate is a hardworking and dynamic Head Chef who wants to be part of growing business. You will:
- Have a well-travelled palate and be able to demonstrate a passion for food;
- Have experience in leading a kitchen team during service in a high volume, fast-paced restaurant;
- Have a good understanding of managing stock levels, GPs and labour within budgetary requirements;
- Be enthusiastic in leading and motivating your team to deliver outstanding food quality; and
- Work an average of less than 50 hours per week (NO SPLIT SHIFTS).
We have a supportive and nurturing workplace environment with an emphasis on development and teamwork. We are looking for applicants with a similar outlook. Shouty hot heads need not apply.
In return for your hard work, we offer an excellent work life balance and staff benefits including:
- Up to 50% staff discount across all Lantana restaurants
- Subscription to CODE!
- 28 days holiday
- Staff food
- £300 recruitment initiative