Passo is a contemporary, all-day Italian restaurant in the heart of East London.
As a Head Chef you oversee the kitchen in the restaurant. Your role is pivotal in ensuring our menu is delivered to each customer consistently and to the highest standard. You report into the General Manager and owner and work with them to lead and inspire your team while living the values and setting the highest possible standards. You’re a great coach and love developing your team to be their best whilst always developing yourself as well.
- Act as a guardian of compliance and safety ensuring all Health & Food Safety and Licensing regulations, training and procedures are adhered to in the kitchen.
- To support and communicate regularly and effectively with the GM and Director(s).
- To complete ordering and reviewing of stock on a weekly basis and delivering an accurate weekly GP.
- Manage team in order to hit wage budgets delivered by your GM.
- To ensure the kitchen is fully maintained to standards and serviced as required.
- Kitchen rotas and kitchen team recruitment (with GM support).
- Manage all food suppliers and report any issues with deliveries (Quantities or food quality) and record all wastage.
- To label all stock accordingly.
- Carry out weekly maintenance check of kitchen equipment or appliances and report to GM.
- Keep kitchen and all equipment clean at all times.
- Ensure stock levels are forecasted with sales and maintained to provide a full menu at all times.
- Be organised at all times.
- Keep your team motivated to provide the highest quality and regularly review their performance. Official reviews need to take place at probation and then every six months.
- With the help of your kitchen team, prepare staff food for the family meal.
- Develop and maintain a food bible of all recipes and photos to ensure consistency.
- Ensure all restaurant staff are trained in line with the food bible to drive service standards.
- Run regular specials for the restaurant and tasting menus / feasting sessions for the chefs table when suitable.