We are looking for head chef to join to our team later this year. At The Camberwell Arms we buy the best ingredients from the best suppliers and make delicious simple, and seasonal food. The role represents a unique opportunity for an ambitious and skilled chef with a genuine passion for, and a good knowledge of, quality ingredients and love of delicious simple cookery who is looking to take culinary control of a busy neighbourhood pub with a London renowned food offering.
The role will be a full-time position. We are looking for someone who has experience as a head chef in a similar sized operation or someone with a good length of time in a senior sous chef role who is looking to take the next step up. The role will head up a team of 6 in its production of a menu which changes every 4-6 weeks. Responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
- Menu writing (in keeping with the existing style/offering), pricing, ordering, and stock control
- Managing supplier relationships and looking to create new partnerships where useful
- Maintenance of well-established and excellent standards of cooking and service
- Rota writing and labour control
- Managing a team of chefs through service, leading from the front
- Developing and managing the team, and seeking personal development in the field
- Has a good understanding of HACCP and is interested in the elevation and maintenance of all aspects of cleanliness, hygiene and health and safety.
The ideal candidate:
- Loves food, both cooking and eating
- Is aware of/has eaten at The Camberwell Arms
- Has knowledge of or would like to learn whole animal butchery
- Has a passion for ingredients and is driven to seek out the best products
- Is capable of fostering a positive working environment
- Is clean and organised both professionally and personally
- Is reliable, professional, driven and polite
Salary competitive and dependent on experience.