The Little Yellow Door is a bustling and critically acclaimed bar and restaurant which re-opened earlier this year- following the long standing success of its predecessor, London’s longest running pop up.
The venue consistently receives a large amount of press coverage and applause for its food offering, making this a great opportunity for the right chef to prove themselves.
The venue is based on a much loved fictional flat share and the business is owned by the Little Door & Co, a young and growing brand pioneering a different slant on the hospitality industry with flat share themed venues.
This the second in a series of permanent site openings- making it an exciting time to join a fast expanding company with speedy promotion opportunities for the right team.
The kitchen is open for dinner services Wednesday to Saturday and Saturday brunches. Due to the venue’s huge popularity, we also offer group menus, canape menus and private dinning offerings.
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Family Meal and after work drink allowance
- 50% discount in partner venues
- Pension scheme contribution
- People focused and supportive working environment
- Staff of the month and long service reward schemes
- High level of responsibility from day one
- Previous relevant restaurant experience at a sous chef level
- Passionate about food and providing excellent service
- Pro-active, self-disciplined and with great integrity
- Excellent English language skills and exceptional inter-personal skills
- Great leadership skills, alongside the ability to join the family in a close knit team
- Competence with Excel, financial reporting and cash handling
- Meticulous and cleanly with a fierce eye for detail, kitchen maintenance and H&S
- Maintaining at all times smooth and professional operational periods
- Responsibility for operational management of the kitchen
- Organization of all kitchen staffing and rotas
- Responsibility for kitchen goods ordering and stock control
- Responsibility for reporting kitchen financials
- Ensuring the kitchen maintains high standards of cleanliness and polish
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
Full time position to include regular late shifts, office days and daytime weekend work.
The Ideal Candidate:
The venue is in Notting Hill, one of London’s most discerning, unique and affluent areas. The menu is designed with this clientele in mind, and features quirky and interesting takes on classic dishes.
We are looking for someone who enjoys the challenge of consistently delivering faultless dishes and managing a variety of different menus.
Fun, family vibes, excellent food and drink are integral to what we do and it is crucial that our chef fits into this environment and enjoys its uniqueness. As it’s a small kitchen operation, it would perfectly suit a senior sous chef looking to make their first step up to head chef.
We want someone is reliable, consistent and dependable- and is interested in being part of the long term growth of our unique business.