We’re looking for a Head of Bread + Patisserie to join our team to develop and grow our new Caravan-To-Go concept, launching this summer at Caravan Fitzrovia and our new flagship coffee roastery in Islington. We are already well known for killer brunches and relaxed all-day dining, and we want a passionate, creative, talented individual to join our team to take our bread and patisserie to the next level.
As our Head of Bread + Patisserie, you will work closely with the directors, manage the bakery team and oversee the production of sourdough and craft breads, laminated creations and daily baked goods from start to finish. This role isn’t just about executing the perfect bake, we’re looking for someone to challenge and create with us – from sourcing next level produce, devising methods and writing recipes while keeping the highest quality standards.
As head of bread + patisserie, you will take overall responsibility for running the bakery and ensuring top quality, consistent bread and patisserie is delivered to our sites daily. You will have the overall responsibility for the quality and consistency of our baked items and work with us on new product development with the highest levels of creativity and quality.
You will be responsible for all staff development and performance and supporting our teams through strong, consistent, positive leadership in an inspiring and organized work environment.
We expect you to run the business as if it were your own, taking full responsibility and making it great
- Develop new ideas, recipes and products with the creative development team
- Produce goods to a production schedule to deliver on time, on brand, on quality
- Produce product of the highest standards
- Work with and seek out the best supplier relationships in accordance with Caravan’s sustainability, ethical and quality driven standards
- Produce monthly rotas, and ensure cover for all holidays and staff absences
- Advertise, interview and recruit new staff when needed
- Motivate, train and develop staff and inspire them to be their best
- Maintain excellent health and safety and Food Hygiene standards. Maintain all documentation required in adherence of this
- Manage productivity of staff and implement schedule to accommodate busy and quiet periods
- Manage stock control and margin procedures and ensure efficient rotation of stock
- Minimise and utilise waste within the bakery through efficient ordering, creativity and passion
- Produce daily reports for management including information on staff, challenges, daily ops and production
- Manage staff hours and wage control
- Plan, develop and implement system operations that improve bakery performance
It is expected that you will champion company values and standards:
- Always striving to produce the best product possible
- Create a working environment that values people, positivity, can-do attitude, respect for others and cooperation.
- Always maintain a professional appearance and demeanour
- Enthusiastic training and development of staff to bring the best out in your team
MARGINS AND COST CONTROL
- Always achieve and exceed company food G.P targets, whilst not compromising on quality and consistency.
- Manage wage budget to achieve high levels of productivity and quality
- Mange ordering process through to invoice management and financial reporting of the bakery
- Control ordering, manage waste, record and react to problems