The Watch House is a young and ambitious company with exciting opportunities for those wishing to build a career in hospitality but with a difference to the usual. Currently in a period of expansion into new communities, we are looking for an inspirational and passionate leader to join our team.
Spring 2019 will see the opening of our flagship site situated a stone’s throw from the iconic Tower Bridge, delivering a stunning eat in and takeaway Café space with the best brunch in London. We are looking for a Head of Food who will be responsible for the food operation wihtin the company.
This is a very exciting time to join our journey as Head of Food and is an incredible opportunity to grasp and really make your own. Not to be missed!
If you are a passionate, dynamic chef who wants to work daytime only hours in one of the most highly regarded brunch spots in SE London, then this is the job for you. We offer competitive pay of restaurant standards and maintain this quality through our fantastic menu and exceptional service.
The responsibilities of this role include menu development, menu costing, on shift service, food testing, developing weekly specials and managing a tight knit team.
Customer satisfaction must be at the forefront of everything you do. You must be a foodie at heart with the upmost passion for creating tasty dish offerings with style, whilst maintaining standards and leadership.
Employee development will make up a large part of your role Head of Food, ensuring you can recruit and maintain a strong and knowledgeable team around you.
You will be working closely with the Operations Managers and Managing Director, with the opportunity to put your stamp on the menu processes.
The successful candidate will have
- At least 1 year experience in a Senior Sous or Head Chef role
- Hold an utter passion for food and flavour
- You must have an excellent palate and understand the London food scene wholly
- Have experience in leading a kitchen during service in a fast-paced environment
- Be someone who takes ownership and sets high standards
- Can follow Health and Safety procedures meticulously
- Leads a team boldly with ease and respect
- Experience in costing menus in accordance with budgets and GPs
- Experience in writing rotas and managing accordingly
- Have impeccable communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrate loyalty and commitment to your team and indeed the company, as we will for you
Competitive salary with performance-based bonus
Joining The Watch House will not only mean great perks such as discounts throughout the stores, 28 days annual leave, meals on shift, daytime hours only and great parties, you are also joining a fast-paced and ambitious group who are offering up unparalleled opportunities for development, learning and career progression.
28 days annual leave with including bank holidays.