CODE is a community for the hospitality industry. Created by Adam Hyman in 2012 to educate, inspire and connect – we champion the industry through our media platforms, which provide networks, intel, resources and benefits for hospitality professionals. Under our brand we publish a weekly CODE Bulletin and the CODE Quarterly magazine. We also operate the CODE app – the only dedicated digital benefits platform for the industry – and CODE Careers, a digital recruitment advertising platform.
We have the privilege of working with some of the best businesses in the hospitality industry. Our partners include Hawksmoor, JKS Restaurants, MEATliquor, Hakkasan Group and St. JOHN.
We are looking for someone with a passionate interest in the London and wider-UK hospitality industry to join the CODE Hospitality team as an intern to provide support across the business. This will be an opportunity to work closely with the team to gain hands-on experience of all aspects of the CODE business.
Interns will gain experience in digital content and social media management, event logistics and email marketing. Not only will the ideal candidate broaden their skillsets, but you will also have the opportunity to work closely with CODE’s CEO Adam Hyman, as well as gain valuable insider knowledge of the UK’s independent hospitality sector.
Responsibilities can include:
- Contributing to digital channels including the CODE Hospitality website and social media
- Uploading content - including the CODE Bulletin and The Dumbwaiter - to the website
- Managing the CODE industry calendar
- Contributing to CODE’s social media channels
- Assisting with the organisation of CODE Quarterly launches, socials and other events
- Day-to-day administrative support for the CODE app and CODE Careers
- Managing new-user registrations
- Uploading job adverts
- Compiling the weekly CODE Careers Bulletin
- Maintaining internal logs
- Providing ad hoc support to the editor of CODE Hospitality Lisa Markwell, especially during CODE Quarterly production weeks.
The role requires:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Professional telephone and email manner
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office
- A keen interest in the UK hospitality industry is preferred
- Fluent in English
- Exclusive invitations to hospitality events, including restaurant and bar launches
- Free access to the CODE app
- Opportunity to gain first-hand experience of a really exciting and fast-growing business
Full time opportunity with length of contract and remuneration to be discussed on an individual basis.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com along with a brief note on why you’d like to join the CODE Hospitality team.