Founded in 2001, Sauce is an award-winning PR, marketing and digital communications agency, working with many of the best brands operating across restaurants, bars, food and drinks brands, luxury lifestyle and travel.
Enthusiastic and passionate, we pride ourselves on understanding our client’s business, having great ideas and implementing them to the highest standard, with a strong commercial focus on results.
Our incomparable database of contacts spans consumer and trade journalists as well as chefs, restaurateurs, social media influencers, TV producers, photographers, lifestyle and hotel concierge, top London businesses, art galleries, theatres... the list goes on.
This database has been carefully developed and nurtured over the years and challenges any company or individual operating in the same field.
Our innovative consumer, trade and digital campaigns are tailored to our client’s objectives and whilst we ensure that a programme runs smoothly, according to the agreed plan, it is also flexible enough to accommodate opportunistic approaches based on the news agenda.
- Our Account Managers at Sauce drive our client accounts. They are capable and confident operators with a thorough understanding of the required media and communication skills and are fully cognisant of the tools available to create required media coverage in all PR areas
- Managing multiple accounts from casual restaurant groups to Michelin-starred chefs; established restaurants to new openings
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of print, digital and broadcast media, identifying appropriate places to pitch clients
- Contributing to client strategies and scopes of work, planning future activity
- Securing coverage on current activations from appropriate media outlets
- Spotting current and upcoming trends and building client campaigns around them
- Ensuring the smooth running and organisation of accounts at all times, including monthly meetings, reports etc.
- Writing engaging and lively press releases and other press copy
- Working with other brands, chefs and events on collaborative projects
- Attending journalist meetings, as well as industry events and awards
- Supporting on new business proposals
- Managing junior members of the team
The Ideal Candidate:
Is currently working at senior account executive level or above in a similar role within the industry, be that with an agency or in house.
You’ll be juggling a range of fabulous food and lifestyle clients so a proven track record is a must. A love of food and restaurants is essential, as is a solid knowledge of current/upcoming food trends and topics in the industry.
You should have the foundations of a strong contact book of journalists and influencers that you have established relationships with and feel confident pitching to, plus excellent client and media relations skills. Creativity, writing ability, initiative and judgement, good organisation and an understanding of the ever-expanding media terrain are a given at this level.