Jordan Frieda and Tim Siadatan, who opened Trullo (www.trullorestaurant.com) together in June 2010, have long dreamed of having a pasta bar that served the best hand-rolled pasta with authentic, slow-cooked Italian sauces; together with a small number of exceptional wines coming straight from the barrel, an Italian cocktail list and a few of their favourite ice creams, pastries and sourdough bread, produced by hand on site.
Padella Borough Market opened in March 2016, since then we have won 'Best Dish 2016' with Pici Cacio e Pepe in the London Festival Restaurants Awards, Best Cheap Eat in The Observer Food Monthly Awards 2016, been a part of the best 100 restaurants in London 2016, 2017 & 2018 and come 15th in the National Restaurant Awards 2018.
We are recruiting a junior sous chef, who ideally possesses knowledge of traditional Italian cooking techniques and seasonal British and European produce, or is willing to learn!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join and grow within a young, dynamic team focused on high-quality produce and dishes. Teaching and guidance will be given, and you will learn to operate efficiently within a fast paced restaurant using the best quality ingredients.
As a Junior Sous Chef, you would be expected to enter the kitchen at a Senior Chef de Partie level and complete the training plans within the kitchen to get you up to speed to becoming a Junior Sous Chef.
You would be able to run a section within the fast paced kitchen, and with training, run the passe and kitchen as a whole whilst completing all jobs on the Junior Sous Job Spec and supporting the senior chef team.
You would be required to work 6 shifts over 5 day, averaging around 48 hours a week.
In return, we can offer:
- Extensive training to develop individuals
- Competitive Salary Package
- Staff trips to suppliers and sourcing/foraging
- Staff Meals on duty, and fantastic discount within Padella and Trullo
- A range of career development opportunities
The Ideal Candidate:
- An experienced Senior Chef de Partie or Junior Sous
- Currently working in a quality restaurant.
- Passionate about food with a desire to learn and a great work ethic.
- Keen to progress within a company with plans to expand.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team within a fast paced kitchen.