About Paul Rhodes Bakery
The bakery was founded by former Michelin-starred chef Paul Rhodes in 2003 and has since grown to become one of London’s leading independent bakeries, supplying the widest range of quality handcrafted breads, cakes and pastries in the capital.
From day one the focus has been on using the finest ingredients to make the best possible bread in London – and 15 years on this ethos still underpins the business. To that mix we add the very best people and traditional processes with the aim of elevating simple, quality ingredients into an art form through traditional methods and expertise. That’s what we mean by The Art of Baking.
Our business is predominantly wholesale, supplying organisations of all sizes from large contract caterers and food service companies through to leading hotels, restaurants, bars, retailers, delis and small independents. We also supply some of the UK’s most prestigious events.
In summary, we are dedicated to making the best possible products, using excellent ingredients and traditional techniques and take great pride in meeting the needs of our customers, whatever the size of their business or requirements.
Reporting directly to Paul Rhodes and working as part of a small team your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Managing a portfolio of existing and new customers and building relationships throughout your customer base
- Generating and acting on new leads in order to establish new customer relationships
- Pro-active day-to-day customer management and support
- Ensuring an excellent customer experience at all times and meeting customer needs wherever possible, while becoming a trusted customer advisor
- Maintaining an extremely high customer retention rate while also seeking out growth opportunities
- Delivering targets based on the annual plan and meeting monthly KPIs
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Performing site visits, pop ups and attending trade shows
We are looking for a food person with an infectious personality who fits in and brings something special to an organisation along with a drive for success for themselves and the business they are working for. Key characteristics will be:
- Preferably from within the food industry, sales or account management
- Familiar with the London hospitality industry, restaurants and hotels, contract catering, pubs and cafes/delis
- Customer focused with a passion for providing the best possible service and a genuine enthusiasm for the role and business
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-managing and focused
- Flexible, pro-active and can-do approach while being calm under pressure
We will offer a salary of £32k to £35k along with a generous commission scheme based on meeting performance targets.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful, award winning Company at an exciting stage in its development with strong growth rates. We are looking for an impressive person to come along on our ambitious journey and to be part of the future success that we expect. If this sounds like the job for you, please apply with a CV and a covering letter detailing why you'd like to work for Paul Rhodes Bakery and what we can expect from you.
If interested in applying, please send a covering letter explaining your interest in the role, and your CV to HR@paulrhodesbakery.co.uk