Cocktails in the City is the nation’s leading consumer cocktail event. Our philosophy is to bring bars, drinks brands and cocktail lovers together to celebrate the art of the cocktail across the UK.
Cocktails in the City is looking for a communications and marketing manager. The candidate should have a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience ideally having worked in the food & drink / lifestyle sector.
- Acting as the brand voice across our social platforms to engage and identify with our audience.
- To write and develop newsletter communications to our database using the mailchimp platform, optimizing content and monitoring customer behavior through to point of sale.
- To work alongside an external PR company to manage the brand’s voice, ensuring that key brand words and phrases are used correctly and that our representation across online media and print is accurate.
- To work with the rest of the team on developing lifestyle blog and newsletter content, city guides etc to establish Cocktails in the City as an authority the drinks sector.
- Managing and maintaining our website, including the blog making sure all content is up to date.
- Identify new trends, evaluate new technologies and ensure the brand is at the forefront of industry developments, particularly developments in mobile marketing
- Overseeing the brand’s social media strategy
- To run, refine and report on paid for social media campaigns with the objectives to increase our following and sell tickets to our events throughout the UK
Third Party Relationships
- To develop and strengthen relationships with our guests with a customer led approach to marketing
- To work well with our exhibitor base of bars and brands to build a partnership approach and to find the opportunities to do more with existing companies.
- To take the lead on third party media partnerships to ensure optimal coverage for our events and create new opportunities to enhance the position and brand of CITC as the authoritative voice on cocktail culture across the UK.
- To work in partnership with an external PR company to ensure optimum exposure for CITC and their bar/brand partnerships
- Will work closely with our clients to maximise their involvement with Cocktails in the City including producing, delivering and reporting on campaigns on behalf of these clients
The Successful Applicant
- The successful applicant will be able to create strong content in the style and personality of CITC across multi-channel platforms and be able to effectively engage with both our guests and exhibitors.
- They will be a confident self-driven person happy to challenge the status quo, identify new opportunities and trends, and share a desire to grow CITC into the world’s leading cocktail event.
Skill sets required
- A marketing or business related degree or relative experience.
- Strong copywriting skills and experience in brand communication
- Experience of creating and delivering integrated, multi-channel campaigns across social media, email newsletters and third party media. Composing one off campaigns and automations. Reporting and analysing campaign data.
- Strong digital skills, including experience editing websites and working on email marketing campaigns. Experience analysing campaigns, the sales process and customer journey, using ticket platforms and google analytics.
- In line with the above, an understanding of Facebook and Instagram advertising, social media use for marketing purposes, google analytics, PPC and SEO.
- Experience using adobe creative suite
- Flexibility to travel
- Experience of managing a budget
If this sounds like you then please give us a call, send your CV and portfolio, and we look forward to hearing from you.