We are looking for a Membership Manager with strong networks in the creative industries to proactively acquire new memberships, whilst building and maintaining existing member relationships.
- Sociable and passionate about people, you can talk to anyone confidently and professionally at all levels.
- Obsessed with the member experience and how you can improve it.
- Target driven, with a knowledge of sales.
- Inquisitive; you like knowing how things work.
- Process, process, process. You know the devils in the detail, and you never cut corners.
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Discreet and able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Knowledgeable about both the creative and hospitality industries, you’re the go-to for your friends when it comes to what to see and where to eat in London.
- First point of contact for all new inbound membership enquiries. You will track conversion rates, identify reasons for lost enquiries, and report on data specific to this to the SMDM.
- Working with SMDM & Membership Outreach Manager (MOM) contribute to strategies that drive new applications.
- In collaboration with the Chief Marketing Officer, SMDM and MOM, manage and run recruitment events.
- Support membership by actively promoting the club to potential new members through tours around the facilities and permitting choice individuals to experience the club, and then report on ROI
- In collaboration with the SMDM, play an important role in building and motivating the Club committee. Review performance of committee, and refresh where committee members are underperforming.
- Organise and attend the monthly committee application review meetings.
- Support in the long-term development and membership growth of h Club London.
- In collaboration with the SMDM, manage the membership on-boarding process.
- Oversee the administration and management of all membership-led member events including on-boarding activities, speed-networking, and member socials.
- Primary contact for all member feedback both written and verbal (in person), and with guidance from the SMDM, make potentially difficult calls to members regarding behavioural issues, detailing notes of the conversations to be documented and escalating to senior team members where relevant.
- Gather insight by building up expert knowledge on member’s specific industries and needs in order to optimise understanding of the membership base as a whole, and pre-empt market trends. Using these insights, report back to the SMDM.
- Manage the administration and maintenance of the members’ database (ResortSuite), to ensure all data held on members is accurate.
- Have a thorough understanding of the members CMS system, supporting with troubleshooting for members where needed.
- In conjunction with the Membership Finance Administrator (MFA) oversee members’ accounts and ensure Finance is advised of new and terminated memberships. Escalate where necessary any members of concern.
- Support the Club team and Member Liaison via sustained presence in the Club, via one Club shift per week (daytime or evening).
- In collaboration with the SMDM and Member Events Manager, attend agreed member-led events. Support all committee-led events and offer input into programming where appropriate.
- Working with the SMDM and MFA, complete the renewals process on a monthly basis and support any pre-emptive churn strategies.
- Undertake any duties as requested by the SMDM in relation to Membership.
- Experience working within a membership organisation or strong account management experience.
- Extensive customer service experience.
- Solid and successful pitching experience.
- Strong sales and negotiations experience.
- Clear and concise communication skills, both oral and written.
- IT literate – Excel, Word, CMS experience and ResortSuite (desirable).