The Arts Club was founded in 1863 by for people who had professional or amateur relationships with the Arts, Literature or Sciences, and has continued with this ethos ever since. In September 2011, the Club re-launched after undergoing a complete renovation, transforming it into a truly venerable institution. It proudly continues to be a hub for creative and entrepreneurial patrons to come together to meet, exchange ideas, dine and participate in the varied events, and the Club sits at the heart of contemporary cultural life in London.
Responsible for overseeing the membership of ‘Lanserhof at The Arts Club' and supporting The Arts Club membership team.
- Receive all membership applications, manage all enquiries received by email, responding accordingly, making appointments for tours of the Club. Post application forms as requested.
- Manage receipt of applications and preparing for Committee review.
- Meet current and prospect members in the Club to help with any membership queries.
- Ensure the Club is kept up to date with any change of member details.
New Members and Renewals:
- Set up the newly approved members and inform them of their membership.
- Running the weekly direct debits to initiate set up with the bank and also to take payment for memberships. Manage all other methods of payment for memberships.
- Chase members monthly who are outstanding with the membership fees.
- Prepare the letters for all members that are due for renewal monthly.
- Support the membership team with any admin as required.
- Support the membership team with any member feedback.
- Respond to voicemails and answer the phone for general enquiries, membership and direct any queries accordingly.
- Any other business as directed by the Head of Department.
The Ideal Candidate
- Organised, methodical and diligent.
- Calm and articulate telephone manner.
- Experience of dealing with customers face to face, on the phone and email.
- Computer literate with experience in using excel.
- Good spelling and grammar.
- Sense of humour and team player.