BAO is seeking a talented and diligent Multi-Site Head Chef to head up its Michelin Bib Gourmand-awarded restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia.
BAO serves innovative Asian dishes in an informal, fast-paced setting, and specialises in ‘xiao chi’ small snacks and ‘Bao’ steamed milk buns, each individually made to a secret recipe spent years developing.
As Multi-Site Head Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of consistent, high quality and innovative dishes; you will play a key role in menu development, working closely with the Directors; and you will manage the overall kitchen operation, including MEP schedules, stock control, budgeting and maintenance, as well as the day to day management of the kitchen team.
We will offer the successful Multi-Site Head Chef:
- Up to £45,000 per annum, dependent upon experience;
- Performance-related bonus scheme;
- 50% off dining across JKS Restaurants
- 28 days’ holiday per year
- Discounts on kitchenware, bicycles, gym memberships and fashion
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee of the Month
- Long Service awards, including prizes such as Eurostar tickets, and additional paid days off
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free meals on duty, and ‘Pizza & Wine Night’ every Saturday evening
- Great staff parties!
If you have the following, then we want to hear from you:
- Previous experience as a Head Chef;
- Passion for Asian cuisine (essential);
- A highly creative approach to your work with excellent attention to detail;
- Proven ability to manage a kitchen team, including team leadership, motivation, training and development and performance management;
- Strength in logistics, stock and margin controls, and ordering systems (FnB experience beneficial);
- Ability to manage staff costs and schedule and review rotas accordingly;
- A working knowledge of health and safety compliance and procedures.
This is a very exciting opportunity not to be missed for a talented Head Chef eager to join a restaurant group with ambitious plans