Opening in May 2019, Darby’s is the latest venture from the team behind The Dairy, Sorella and Counter Culture in Clapham and it will bring immersive British cuisine to London’s hottest emerging riverside destination, Embassy Gardens at Nine Elms. Inspired by the illustrious jazz career of Chef Robin Gill’s father, Darby’s harks back to the sophistication, elegance and style of the 1950s and 60s. The name was coined during one of his father’s tours of the US when the Walt Disney classic Darby O’Gill and the Little People was in its heyday. The nickname stuck instantly and the new restaurant will seek to fuse the culinary talent of Robin Gill and Head Chef Dean Parker with an appreciation of life’s pleasures without gimmicks, Robin’s father’s defining characteristic.
Located in one of the buildings linked by the iconic Sky Pool, Darby’s will consist of an oyster bar, bakery and grill. All aspects of Robin and Dean’s immersive cooking techniques will be included in the new space with a bakery onsite, in-house butchery, house-made charcuterie and a beautiful grill for cooking over-fire. The restaurant will reflect the team’s almost fanatical obsession with the highest quality ingredients, many of which are sourced from their own farm in West Sussex.
We are recruiting for the following positions:
- Chef de Partie
- Host / Events Manager
-Junior Assistant Manager / Breakfast Manager
Descriptions vary according to role, but employee benefits include:
- Varied and flexible working hours
- Chance to be part of a big opening
- 25% off all sites in the group
- The opportunity to learn as all food will be made from scratch. Darby’s will have an in-house bakery and will make its own butter and cheese. There will also be the chance to learn animal butchery, charcuterie and cooking over fire.
- Regular wine training and chance for right candidates to undertake WSET Level accreditation
- An encouraging work environment with plenty of opportunity to put forward ideas
The Ideal Candidate:
- Passionate about food and drink, and engaged with the restaurant industry
- Good knowledge and prior experience
- Eagerness to learn and develop