Brilliant Corners is a bar & restaurant on Kingsland Road in Hackney. We serve Japanese food, alongside timeless cocktails and a wine list comprising small scale, artisan wine makers. We also house one of London’s only audiophile sound systems, and each night of the week, a record collector selects music for the dining room. We are open 6 days a week for dinner service only.
We are recruiting for two roles: A Restaurant Manager whose scope of responsibility is service in the dining room, and a Bar Manager whose scope relates to the entire beverage programme and service in our bar area.
Each of these roles require someone that enjoys the act of serving customers and that has the kind of personality and temperament that can lead and inspire a team, orchestrate the range of tasks at hand prior to and during service, and do so with a sense of fun and good humour.
In addition, the roles will involve tasks relating to stock control, staff training, EPOS management, and cashing up.
Since opening in 2013, we have developed a loyal following of open-minded customers that comprise local residents, restaurant industry workers, and guests which look to Brilliant Corners as a destination for hearing the best in timeless music that spans the genres. Above all, our customers enjoy the opportunity to take a high quality meal in an elegant but informal atmosphere.
The Ideal Candidate
- be confident, personable, diplomatic, and able to inspire the incumbent talents of the front-of-house team;
- ideally have experience in front-of-house operations at a busy London restaurant;
- ideally live locally, and be in touch with the nature of the clientele in Hackney;
- be willing to grow within the role and take on further responsibilities.
- Competitive Salary & bonus arrangements;
- Flexible working hours;
- Detailed wine training
- 28 days holiday pay
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount all food and most of the wine list
- career progression towards all levels of management