Bubala has gone from sold out pop up (including stints at Carousel, Berber & Q and Untitled Bar) to a busy 36 cover restaurant having just opened next to Spitalfields last month.
We are a Middle Eastern vegetarian concept with a focus on bright, punchy flavours designed to share, taking inspiration from our travels across the region.
Behind Bubala is Marc Summers (founder and ex GM of Berber & Q) and Head Chef Helen Graham, who has worked at The Palomar, The Barbary, The Good Egg and Ottolenghi. Due to its popularity, Bubala is already looking to grow its amazing team!
This is a super exciting role as you will be in charge of our exciting, new, innovative restaurant which is making waves in Shoreditch. You’ll help to set the standard and create a great working culture. There is a clear pathway for promotion once settled which will be appealing to the ambitious individual we are looking for.
You will be working extremely closely with the General Manager/Owner and learning how to run a restaurant from the very beginning, an invaluable process for any individual looking to thrive in hospitality.
- Assisting the General Manager and Owner; on the job learning that includes stock control and business management
- Training staff the Bubala way
- Hosting and running busy shifts
- Managing a fun, determined, hard working bunch of people
- Communicating effectively with the kitchen, and dealing with any issues that may come up
- Cashing Up
- Someone who is confident and always thinking of solutions to problems
- Prepared to go the extra mile for what you believe in (Bubala of course!)
- A passion for great food and wine. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE VEGETARIAN. This is great honest cooking which can be appreciated by everyone
- Ability to lead a team in tense situations
- Enjoy eating out
- Understands and looks to implement the idea of zero waste
- A minimum of 1 year experience as an Assistant Manager in a fast-paced restaurant
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in stock management
- Great IT skills
PERKS, INCENTIVES OR BENEFITS OFFERED
- Dining discount (up to 50%)
- Staff workshops & training
- Trips to visit suppliers (including wine suppliers!)
- Team parties
PREFERRED STARTING DATE