GB•PIZZA•CO is an award-winning, wood-fired pizza restaurant on the seafront in Margate, Kent. This thriving seaside town, with its arty and cool inhabitants, is becoming a food destination in its own right. Our pizza joint has been serving thin & crispy slices on the seafront since 2012, and we have been featured in rave reviews in all of the mainstream press. We are also featured in Phaidon’s definitive Where To Eat Pizza tome.
We have recently opened our first franchise restaurant in Didsbury in South Manchester, and the company is it an exciting stage of expansion.
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager for our seafront Margate restaurant. Our restaurants are all about the quality of the product and the warmth of the service. Our customers love our laid-back atmosphere – where they order at the bar and help themselves to wine and Prosecco – so you’ll need to be able to find a balance between being highly professional, but also having fun with the customers.
We have a fantastic small team of hard working people, who we value enormously. Our business is about relationships – with our staff and with our customers and with our suppliers. As well as the business end of things (stock control, budgets, rotas, staff training, recruitment, ordering, working with suppliers on pricing, etc), an important part of the role is to create an environment where both staff and customers feel valued.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You’ll need to be fiercely ambitious and willing to work incredibly hard to achieve your goals.
- You’ll have at least five years’ management experience in the hospitality industry.
- You’ll have exceptional people management skills, with the ability to lead, inspire and motivate your team.
- You’ll have a keen grasp of the business side of things, as well as a good understanding of EPOS till systems, Excel and ideally of Xero accounting software.
- A sunny disposition is essential, and you’ll have fantastic social skills – you thrive on interaction with customers and enjoy building a rapport with them.
- You pride yourself on attention to detail – you know that little things matter…ensuring the brand is represented in the best possible way at all times.
- You’ll have a proven track record of delivering KPIs, adhering to budgets and hitting targets.