An amazing opportunity has arisen within the award-winning Clink Restaurant in Brixton, London. We are seeking a Restaurant & Reservations Manager who will manage and oversee all our restaurant bookings and who will manage shifts in the Restaurant as and when required.
Since opening, we have won several prestigious awards, including receiving the Observer Food Monthly’s ‘Best Ethical Restaurant’ this year, and we are consistently in the top 15 Restaurants on Trip Advisor in London, out of over 20,000 others. To enable us to maintain and build on this amazing success, it is essential that you have a fine dining background and understand the grace and spirit required of high-end hospitality.
We produce an inspirational dining experience for all our guests, which delivers genuine change and proven results in the reduction of reoffending and the rehabilitation of offenders. Our restaurant is staffed by prisoners who are all working towards their City & Guilds qualifications, which upon release, leads them into employment into the UK hospitality industry.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Manage The Clink Reception office, and greet all our patrons with a smile
- Manage the Collins reservation system, ensuring all bookings and reservations are handled in a quick, efficient manner and exceed all customer service expectations
- Manage all group bookings for the all Clink Restaurants
- Liaise with HM Prison Service Security Department and ensure the security talk is delivered to all Clink Restaurant Customers
- Escort our guests to and from Reception and the Restaurant
- Run service in the Restaurant as and when required
- Manage all other office administration
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Previous experience within Reception/Reservations and in Restaurant Management
- Show a genuine love of customer service, and able to deliver fine dining service levels
- Excellent IT systems knowledge and reservations experience (ideally Collins)
- A friendly, welcoming and engaging disposition
- Good knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems
- Experience in a high-end restaurant environment, and are able to direct operations when running service
- Strong communication skills, with a good level of spoken and written English language
- Act with initiative and happy to work in a ‘hands on’ environment
The Clink Restaurant Offers:
- Highly competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Free meals on duty
To Apply for this position, you must pass the following requirements:
- Ministry of Justice Enhanced Vetting (any offer of employment is subject to this)
- The right to work in the UK and provide original documentation as part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application.