Founded by Frances Cottrell-Duffield in 2011, Tonic is a full-service PR and communications agency working with a diverse list of clients in the hospitality sector including some of London's leading chefs, restaurants and bars.
Tonic delivers bespoke campaigns, carefully tailored to the business objectives of its clients to ensure the best coverage results, exposure and ROI. Services cover PR and marketing services; social media strategy and support; event management, through to hands-on restaurant consultancy.
The successful candidate will work across clients including Peter Gordon and The Providores, Mark Sargeant, Tom Oldroyd, Rosa's Thai Cafe, Le Bab, Butchies, Callooh Callay, Coal Rooms, The Garden Cafe, Poon's, Club Gascon, Tony Conigliaro, Bar Termini, 69 Colebrooke Row and Pop Brixton.
We are looking for two bright, ambitious and enthusiastic new PRs to join our small team in Clapham. Previous experience within restaurant communications is preferred (particularly for the Senior Account Executive role), but not essential; however you must be extremely organised and have a genuine love for food and drink, and a basic knowledge of the London restaurant scene.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support Account Directors on PR strategy for client campaigns
- Create press materials, including writing press releases and social-media posts
- Secure client news and feature press coverage in traditional print, digital, and broadcast media
- Attend and support at client events, including new restaurant and bar launches
- Develop relationships with journalists and social media influencers
- Analyse media coverage and collate monthly client reports
- Maintain the agency media contact and press coverage lists
- Share secured press coverage with clients
- Assist with marketing strategy
- Industry trend research and competitor analysis
- Attend client meetings
- Manage agency social media feeds (and client social media where required)
- Develop relationships with relevant food, travel and fashion brands
- General office admin and organisation
The Ideal Candidate:
- Genuine love for food and drink, and the London restaurant scene
- Good knowledge of the UK print, online and broadcast media
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ambitious and enthusiastic
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of social media
- Competent IT skills
- Previous experience working within restaurant and/or lifestyle communications*
- Good network of relevant journalists and social media influencers*
*preferred, not essential