The legitimate lovechild of Carl Clarke and David Wolanski, the Chick N Sours concept hatched from when the boys met in the fields of Latitude Festival back in 2010. Chick N Sours Haggerston opened in April 2015 to critical acclaim and we haven’t looked back since, opening Seven Dials in September 2016 and Islington in September 2018.
Chick N Sours is a local fried chicken shop, but not as you know it! For us it’s not just about feeding our guests as much as its about immersing them in our vibe.
We strive to make every one of our customers feel special by cooking them the best damn fried chicken they’ve ever eaten, paired with the perfect drinks. Great tunes and high energy service create a unique party vibe that keeps people coming back.
We are on the lookout for an awesome Sous Chef to join our Kitchen family at Chick N Sours!
With all roles we are much more interested in your attitude, personality, fit with our culture and ability to reach your full potential than where you may have worked before. We love diversity and thrive on meeting and working with people from all backgrounds and walks of life.
We need people who love to win, have very high standards, are competitive in nature and very driven to succeed but not at any cost. Doing things the right way is just as important to us and we are passionate about our opportunities to give something back to the community.
We are in an expansion stage of the business so there is a lot of room to move within the Company if you prove to have the skills and passion required.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- 2 years Commercial Kitchen experience
- Strong culinary skills
- Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Qualified
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Think outside the box & engage with your colleagues
- Team Player & Strong Leadership Skills
- Ordering and Stock Control Experience
- Able to step in on Head Chefs Day off
- Willing to grow with the business
- Great communication skills
- Excellent motivational and engagement skills
- Strong communication and English language
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Manual dexterity
What we can offer you:
- Being part of a close family where we treat with you love and respect
- The ability to grow and develop the skills you need to be the best and advance your career
- 50% staff discount for you & your mates
- Never work on your birthday
- Bonus scheme based on performance related sales & profit
- Workplace pension
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for people who love life, are passionate about great food, delivering amazing customer experiences and meeting new people. We only employ nice people, who care about others and are willing to help out at any time. Being a team player is vital for success in Chick N Sours.
As our restaurants are high energy and fast paced we need outgoing and engaged individuals with stamina and the enthusiasm to look after every customer whether they are the first or last of the week.
Oh, you must like good music too!