Join the Sweet Chick Life
We are looking for a Sous Chef to lead and share our passion for hospitality, spread the love, eat well and do dope stuff for our exciting new restaurant opening in Central London.
Sweet Chick is more than just a restaurant it's a lifestyle.
At Sweet Chick, our philosophy is simple: HAVE FUN, EAT WELL & LIVE LIFE.
Along with some of the best fried chicken and waffles in New York City, we’re serving what we like to call American cuisine with a Southern accent: rustic but modern American comfort food and twist.
We are looking for a passionate Sous Chef who can assist the head chef to manage the kitchen:
- Leads kitchen team in chef's absence
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Assists head chef with menu creation
- Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Culinary Training, Previous Restaurant Experience, Extensive Food and Beverage Knowledge, Restaurant Industry Knowledge, Strong Organizational Skills, Attention to Detail, Knowledge of Restaurant Regulations, Leadership, Management, Positivity, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Exceptional Customer-Service Skills