The Sloane Club is actively seeking a Sous Chef to assist in the preparation of food at this private Members’ Club in the heart of Chelsea, together at our boutique hotel opening in March 2019. The Sloane Club offers a mixture of fine dining and relaxed dining alongside banqueting and events.
As part of a dynamic and friendly team, the ideal applicants will:
- Have a good command of the English language.
- Be very well organised.
- Have advanced kitchen skills
- Have a passion for food and its presentation
- To ensure the correct preparation, cooking and presentation of food in all sections of the kitchen
- To demonstrate full compliance with all aspects of food hygiene and health & safety
- To ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene, both personal and in the working area
- To assist with the training of kitchen apprentices and trainees
To assist the Head Chef in the management of the kitchen on a day to day basis, assist in the training of all new staff, craft trainees and management trainees as required and act as Head Chef in his absence. An ability to work well under pressure is key, and the ideal candidate should be able to work well both individually and as part of a team.
About The Sloane Club
The Sloane Club is a Private Members Club in the heart of London’s fashionable Chelsea. We have 106 beautifully designed bedrooms, a Drawing Room, Bar, Dining Room and Events spaces exclusively for the use of our Members. We also have a Spa, Hairdresser and 18 luxury self-catering apartments.
Working at The Sloane Club, you will become a part of a vibrant team who enjoy regular socials and a friendly, motivating working culture. As a team, we are passionate about providing truly exceptional service at all levels and to giving back to the community through our charity foundation; we also celebrate successes and provide opportunities for training and progression.
- Very competitive salary for each role (available upon request)
- Annual performance bonus
- Share of tips and gratuities
- 20 paid holidays per annum (plus annual bank holidays) increasing to 22 after completion of three years’ service
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Discounted use of The Sloane Club Spa