The Camberwell Arms is a small, bustling restaurant in South London run by the team behind Frank’s Café in Peckham. In the kitchen, Head Chef and Owner Michael Davies and the team have asserted their own unique style within our neighbourhood restaurant, serving up a thoughtful selection of snacks, small plates and generous feasting dishes designed for sharing and conviviality. We specialise in high quality produce and simple cooking. If we can make something ourselves, we do – charcuterie, sausages, smoked fish, pickles, pasta, breads and ice cream are all made in house – whilst the rest is carefully sourced from the best producers and cooked on our charcoal grill.
To reflect the culture of the kitchen, our service at The Camberwell Arms is considered and informal. Our attentive and well-informed front of house team creates a familiar and warm atmosphere. We aim to deliver the confidence and belief in our products exhibited in fine dining restaurants, but without the starch. On the bar we stock a healthy range of wines with a focus on the natural and bio-dynamic. Our cocktails are classic and our beers are traditional.
We are looking for a Front of House Supervisor to support our management team in running the Camberwell Arms. This role comprises all of front of house service but with a focus on bar operations. The role would be mainly focussed on service, with some shifts dedicated to management tasks and deliveries. Responsibilities would include (but not limited to):
- Working as part of the management team to lead the bar and restaurant during service, generating a sense of urgency in the team without comprising service standards,
- Site management and key holding responsibilities
- Working as part of the management team to lead staff training days and ensure the team are constantly up to date with our regularly changing food and drink offering
This role is ideal for someone currently working as a team leader or supervisor and looking for a change. Full training is provided to augment your current experience, and we are keen to invest in your development by sending you on courses outside of the business to further your knowledge and skills. You would be joining a small but experienced team where everyone’s opinion is important and initiative is paramount, and you would have the opportunity to develop in your areas of interest.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A passion for true hospitality and a love of delicious things
- A good knowledge of wines beers and spirits
- Experience working in a supervisory role in a similar sized business
- Experience in bartending preferred
- Proactive, eager to learn and self motivated
- Energy, enthusiasm and urgency. A natural leader with the ability to galvanise and motivate a team
What we can offer you:
- Attractive rate of pay with TRONC paid in addition
- A fun and professional working environment
- Staff discounts and staff meals on shift
- Opportunities to progress and develop