The Don Restaurant & Bistro is situated in the heart of the City of London and is open lunch and dinner, Monday to Friday only.
The Restaurant focuses on delivering dishes that have outstanding flavour and are well presented. The Bistro has the same ethos but the dishes are simpler but still very tasty.
The style of food is modern European, we actively look to source as many ingredients from with-in the UK, we prepare all of our dishes in house and food is cooked to order. Combined the outlets can serve up to 300 covers a day.
Sous Chef, Key Responsibilities:
- Run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Ensuring all mis en place is completed before service
- Work to a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Ensure the guest has an enjoyable experience
- All customer requests are catered
- Work closely and train junior chefs in the brigade
- All health and safety regulations are met
Sous Chef, Key Skills:
- Good command of English
- Team player who communicates well with all colleagues
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Sense of urgency
- Can do attitude
- Have a genuine passion for great tasting food
The Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking an excellent and outgoing Sous Chef to join the team; you must be a strong cook and feel confident cooking on any section of the kitchen, as well as having a good understanding of the importance of flavour.
There will be an opportunity for the right applicant to learn the administrative side of running the kitchen and with time, the role will potentially grow into a Senior Sous Chef position, however this is a hands on role you will spend almost 100% of your time in the kitchen cooking.
The right applicant will have to demonstrate a CV that has stability and be able to provide references to support this.
Ideally we are looking for somebody to start immediately but will wait for the right candidate.