At Buchanans Cheesemonger we believe that cheese deserves to be delicious. We source the finest artisan cheeses from the best producers and expertly condition them so that they may be enjoyed at their very best in London’s top restaurants.
We have a curated range of around 100 cheeses from across Britain and Europe that we are exceptionally proud to stock. Our cheeses are carefully tended to by our team of cheesemongers in our on-site cellars, each of which run at different temperatures and humidity levels to allow for the individual maturing needs of each type of cheese.
We pride ourselves on our service, offering a practical understanding of the hospitality industry and a passion for food.
We are currently looking for someone to work in our ageing rooms and wholesale department. This is a full-time role including weekend work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and nurturing relationships with our discerning wholesale customers including making sales and delivering training
- Identifying and approaching new customers
- Preparing and packing cheese and charcuterie orders for despatch to wholesale customers
- Working with our Cellar Manager to condition our cheese to the highest standards
- Organisation and cleaning of the maturing rooms in compliance with our HACCP systems
- Completing paperwork relating to food safety
- Serving retail customers in our shop
- Assisting with private events
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a few years’ experience and/or a passion for working with cheese
- Be organised, have an eye for detail and a genuine desire to exceed the expectations of our customers
- Be physically fit. This is a physically demanding job and you will need to be prepared to lift heavy cheese and work in our refrigerated maturing rooms
- Be able to take the initiative and be interested in contributing to the continued growth of the business as a team