Event Manager, Gastronomous Ltd & London Restaurant Festival
Gastronomous is an events and marketing agency specialising in food and restaurants experiential activity.
Our main client is American Express and we create over 100 events per year for their cardmembers. We also work with many other blue-chip clients to foster customer loyalty, bring benefit and enhance their brands.
Our events and activations include London Restaurant Festival, the Summer Edition of London Restaurant Festival, Estrella Galicia Gastronomy Month, Eat Life, Premium Events, National Cookery School Guide and The Rosebery.
London Restaurant Festival is the capital’s leading restaurant event, now in its 13th year and involves 350 restaurants with over 50,000 people attending annually, every October. This year for the first time, we are also hosting a Summer Edition of the festival, in July.
We are the UK’s no.1 experiential agency specialising in the food and restaurant space.
The Event Manager will manage nominated events from planning through to delivery, across a wide range of Gastronomous event programmes throughout the year.
London Restaurant Festival will be a key focus of your role, however there will often be multiple event series taking place at any one time in which you will be supporting the team to help manage.
The ideal candidate will employ a professional skill set, have excellent communication skills and demonstratable event management experience.
Key tasks and responsibilities
· Making the events happen! Liaising with the team and clients to establish the events and the corresponding marketing and comms plans
· Hosting the events on the day, problem-solving and managing the customer experience
· Signing-up the restaurants and chefs, who are the bedrock of the festival and all other programmes, and forming commercial deals for their participation
· Managing the customer journey from tickets on-sale to the event itself
· Assisting in working with all our suppliers: design agencies, press, printers and graphic designers
· Helping produce the collateral and designs for all events
· Social Media for key programmes
· Event Wrap-Up and reporting
· Creativity! All the ideas, big and small, which go into making an original and memorable event, and a fantastic customer experience
The Ideal Candidate:
· Customer service: good with customers, restaurant staff and chefs
· Excellent communication skills liaising with external suppliers, clients and colleagues
· High level of attention to detail
· Outstanding organisational skills including ability to multi-task and prioritise to meet varied and tight deadlines
· Demonstrates a proactive approach with good problem-solving skills and use of initiative
· Social Media knowledge
· Computer literate with competent use of Microsoft office
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· An entrepreneurial spirit: self-starting and business-minded… and gets the ‘small business / start-up’ way of working
· A university graduate with a 2:1 degree
· An interest in food and restaurants