Marketing Assistant, The Arts Club
The Arts Club was founded in 1863 by men of vision in order to provide a haven for those people with a keen interest in art, literature, film, music and more. It continues to provide a haven for members who share these common interests.
The Club houses two restaurants, a members’ lounge, nightclub and hotel, and plays host to a number of events including art talks, panel discussions, children’s events, live music and more. The Club is renowned for creating a luxurious, discreet environment for its members to relax in and enjoy exceptional food, company and culture.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join The Arts Club marketing team at a really exciting stage of the Club’s growth. This is a new junior position, where you will be involved in the full marketing mix, from capturing content for social media to updating the website, designing collateral for the Club and ensuring the smooth running of the department.
Reporting directly to the head of marketing and executive director, you will provide invaluable administrative support. The department has a high volume of output so an ability to manage tasks and juggle priorities is a must – ensuring the quality remains of the highest standard at all times.
You’ll be joining a small but industrious office and as a marketeer, you will be working closely with each department – from membership to music, food and beverage, hotel and events.
- Supporting with the implementation of the Club’s social media strategy; creating video content and taking quality photographs in the Club and at events
- Website support in conjunction with our external web team, ensuring events, music, videos and menus are updated in a timely fashion and all online content is current and relevant
- Creation of regular e-mailers, procuring images, setting content, building and testing campaigns
- Proof-reading and accuracy checking key marketing communications, including emailers, web copy, press releases and event programmes
- Liaising with external suppliers including printers, photographers, designers and our PR agency, to ensure smooth and timely delivery of marketing assets
- Processing and issuing department invoices to insure timely payment
- Track/maintain/organise our digital assets including images/logos/files
- Maintain an archive of key marketing materials, both digitally and hard copy
- Maintain press cuttings folders/create digital archive as required
- Stay abreast with digital marketing developments and key competitor activity to ensure we remain ahead of the curve
- Support as required for Lanserhof at The Arts Club and upcoming openings in Dubai, LA and Canary Wharf
The Ideal Candidate:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic graduate that’s keen to throw themselves into a busy marketing role. Extensive experience is not essential, but a keen interest in marketing (and in particular, the luxury/hospitality sector) is crucial. Excellent writing and grammar skills are essential, as is the ability to adopt the Club’s voice and style. Graphic design skills and basic video editing skills would also be desirable.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to support with all manner of administrative, creative and written tasks.
- Fluent English
- Excellent grammar, written and oral communication skills
- A good level of IT skills, including full Microsoft office and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign)
- Good photography and video editing desirable
- Familiar with web management systems, particularly WordPress and social channels (predominantly Instagram and Facebook)
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to proofread
- Confident in liaising with internal and external teams, colleagues and suppliers
- An interest in London’s arts, music and culture scene
- Confident in managing tasks and workload effectively, with an ability to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks
To apply: Please send a concise CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Only applicants with a covering letter will be considered. You may be requested to complete a short task as part of the interview selection process.