Junior Sommelier or Sommelier, Noble Rot
Calling all aspiring Rotters! Do you want to taste the best wines in the world every day? Do you want to be part of our world class training programme? Do you want to join a team of enthusiastic wine lovers? If the answer is yes, read on.
Junior Sommelier or Sommelier
You’ll ideally have spent a few years working at a restaurant with a recognised wine list as a waiter or sommelier and have genuine warmth and a love for providing great hospitality. You’ll have a thirst for knowledge and will be motivated to become the best wine professional you can be. You’ll have a good awareness of the type of producers we feature in our magazine and on the list.
We provide a high level of wine training, mentoring and constant opportunities to taste interesting bottles, so this position is suitable for candidates who are at an earlier stage in their wine journey, as a Junior Sommelier, as well as those with plenty of industry & academic experience as Sommeliers.
You’ll work a section on the bar floor or restaurant, providing the highest standards of table service to our customers while selling from our constantly changing wine list.
Off the floor, you will assist with the organisation and administration of the wine program.
Work somewhere exceptional
Noble Rot restaurants have been included in the National Restaurant Awards Top 100 since opening in 2015, with Noble Rot Soho most recently being awarded #21 in 2022, along with Best Wine List of the Year, an award that Noble Rot has won 5 times.
With the extensive in-house training programme, sponsored external WSET training and opportunities to taste the best wines in the world every day, Noble Rot is undoubtedly one of the best places to learn about wine. If you have your sights on a career in wine this is the perfect next step.
Noble Rot Junior Sommeliers & Sommeliers receive:
- Training on new wines, twice a day.
- Weekly 1-2 hour Tuesday wine trainings, as part of our internal training programme.
- A new blind bottle to taste at the end of each day.
- External wine training including WSET wine qualifications (including Diploma & Educator Programme) & Master of Wine.
- You decide your weekly hours with most people deciding to join on 6 shifts/45hrs per week (£35’500 – £37,500 pa) or 7 shifts/50hrs per week (£40,000 – £42,000 pa) (tronc inclusive).
- Industry leading rates of pay with all tronc returned to staff.Fully paid breaks & holidays (house & tronc for every hour)
- Paid overtime (basic & tronc for every hour)
- Meals at work.
- Discounted wine & 50% off food when eating in.
- Company pension.
- A wide range of career development opportunities.
- A rota written 3 weeks in advance to give you time to plan your life.
- 28 days holiday that includes service charge.
- Sundays off.
If you think this sounds like the job for you, we can’t wait to hear from you.