Office and HR Manager, Violet Cakes
Violet Cakes is best known for its American style cakes with influence taken from Europe and Great Britain. We are committed to using seasonal, organic and low intervention produce. We work with the seasons of the UK and Europe to create baked goods that are full of pure flavour. Violet first started as a cake stall at Broadway Market in late 2005, where it’s market stall popularity grew eventually leading to the shop’s opening in 2010. Since making the Royal Wedding Cake in 2018, we are busier than ever before both in the store and with our celebration and wedding cake offering. We are looking for someone who understands our ethos and who will be a leader for our small but tight knit team in this neighbourhood bakery.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Office & HR manager for Violet, Hackney. This position is responsible for the overall operations, profitability and office management to ensure that all financial, HR, licensing and administrative aspects of Violet are in order to allow for the smooth running and growth of the bakery. The ideal applicant will have great knowledge of UK HR Law, H&S, licensing, budgeting and hospitality back end systems.
• Be responsible onsite for the entire operation from financials, operations, HR and our bespoke special orders system.
• Ensure all health and safety regulations and Covid guidelines are being followed by the floor and kitchen teams
• Working closely with the bookkeepers to produce payroll, review aged payables, plus review all weekly costs.
• Budget development and control
• Maintaining inventory and stock control
• Developing action plans for approval by the owner to improve company efficiencies and profitability
• Overseeing and managing the shift from a manual ordering system to an e-commerce ordering system for our celebration cakes
• Monitor compliance with strict hygiene, health and safety guidelines
• Develop / maintain positive relationships with all customers, suppliers, contractors, staff and owner.
The Ideal Candidate:
This role requires experience as an office manager of a bakery/café or other hospitality environment. We are looking for a practical problem solver who is level-headed and has a very positive, can-do attitude.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
• UK HR law
• H&S regulations
• Licencing law
• Hospitality financials
• Xero and payroll
• Square Up or other POS systems.
• E-commerce + ordering systems
• Team management