Social Media Manager, The Clove Club Group
A chance to lead the UK and International social media presence for the internationally renowned The Clove Club Group of restaurants: The Clove Club, Luca and Two Lights.
The group was founded in 2012 by owners Isaac McHale, Daniel Willis and Johnny Smith. Our first restaurant, The Clove Club, opened in 2013. We have been growing ever since, with the addition of Luca in 2016, and Two Lights in 2018.
Our standards are reflected by the many accolades we now hold, including 1 Michelin Star, and the highest UK listing in the World’s 50 Best Restaurants.
Each restaurant is unique, with the same aspiration; to deliver the most amazing dining experience we can, together. We achieve this by encouraging all of our staff to treat the restaurant as if it were their home, to take care of our guests like friends and treat each other like family.
Across the group we believe welcoming team members into the restaurant is the most important stage of their time with us. We work hard to ensure that our people are trained in the right way, giving them the skills they need to excel in their roles.
We believe in the continual development of all of our staff, challenging them to be better chefs, hospitalitarians and professionals; asking them to not only improve themselves but their colleagues and our restaurants, in pursuit of becoming better
The Clove Group Core Values:
Serving delicious food in beautiful dining rooms and offering superb wine lists isn’t all we do; sustainability is a key quality of the experience at our restaurants. We are a proud member of the Sustainable Restaurant Association which is focussed on reducing the 1.6m tonnes of food wasted by UK restaurants every year. Our commitment impacts every area of the restaurants across the three pillars of sourcing, environment and society.
By focussing on employee welfare we ensure the wellbeing of our teams, giving them the support they need. We actively encourage diversity in our restaurants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation. As a leader in our field we are a member of Hospitality Action, the benevolent organisation for people in the
industry who find themselves in crisis. We have also created an open working environment where employees feel comfortable sharing personal issues which may impact their work.
We have partnered with Blue Marble Training, part of The Shoreditch Trust, a programme for 16 to 25 year olds who are experiencing challenging circumstances in their lives. Individuals who are on the programme are given the opportunity to gain valuable work experience in our restaurants including one-on-one training with the head chefs.
● Develop and deploy our social media and influencer strategy in line with our core values and business goals across the restaurants- including working with Senior Management and Head Chefs/ other chefs to produce impactful content
● Build, nurture and sustain relationships with key influencers in the UK and internationally
● Create original, exciting and engaging digital content including managing external photographers
● Monitor social media engagement, reach and effectiveness and steer the paid social budget
● Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness and achieve strategic aims
The Ideal Candidate:
● A digital enthusiast with at least two years’ social media management
● A great communicator with a passion for food
● A self-starter with their own ideas about how to maximise social media
effectiveness throughout the year
● A team player. Supporting and working alongside others in the team and in all restaurants
● Capable of managing multiple projects and channels to deadline and budget
Additional responsibilities will include Marketing activities supporting comms team:
● Elements of website management: uploading and managing content on all
three restaurant websites.
● Assisting senior comms staff with online communications to Members, Mailing
Lists and other key partners, including through newsletters and mailshots
● Knowledge of using G Drive, G Suite and Mailchimp are desired but not
The successful candidate will have the pleasure of working as a key player in a small communications team in this well established restaurant group. This is a job for someone who wants variety, is happy to juggle work across the restaurants in a fast-paced environment, and who will enjoy building relationships with many people in their day-to-day work.