Deli Supervisor, The Corner Café & Bar
Tate Eats is unique in the cultural world, a hospitality business whose purpose supports the vision and reach of Tate in all four of its galleries. All our profits are returned to Tate championing the right to the richness of art for everyone.
Our business is multi-faceted, we run restaurants, cafés and bars while delivering a vast range of events from film premieres to boardroom lunches. We are though much more than that, we have a pioneering roastery setting the agenda on gender equality in the coffee supply chain. We brew beer, we blend gin, we create teas, we have a multi award-winning wine programme, we visit farms, we research and write menus in response to Tate’s diverse programme, and we collaborate with artists and curators.
The open kitchen at the heart of The Corner Café & Bar, is a place where everyone will feel they can contribute with menu ideas and learning & curiosity are celebrated. With this culture we will work towards the development and progression of our teams.
We’d love to find a Deli Supervisor Chef who has a strong interest in working with beautifully presented, seasonal food sourced from excellent sustainable suppliers. You will be outgoing, confident, and passionate in an open kitchen environment that takes centre stage.
As Deli Supervisor Chef you will be responsible for supporting the kitchen team to deliver food preparation and service, involved in menu development, and ensuring high standards are always maintained in the kitchen.
This position is being offered on a full-time, permanent basis. Our ideal candidate will be reliable, consistent, and able to work flexible hours over a 5-day week including weekends, as well as have:
• Prior food production supervisory/management experience.
• Excellent volume cooking skills, presentation skills.
• Strong leadership and management skills working with a variety of associates of different skill levels and varied backgrounds.
• Good computer skills
• Comfortable with communicating to a large team and good at listening
• Aptitude in menu planning, budgeting and wastage control
• Calm and efficient in a busy environment
• Effective control of stock purchasing, receipt, storage, preparation and minimising wastage
• Maintaining a high level of food quality and production
• Adhere to Health & Safety, F&H & allergen standards
Become part of the Tate Eats dynamic team and be part of Tate. We offer a supportive, engaging working environment that is inspired by our surroundings and the creative institution we support. You will be able to express yourself, be challenged to think differently while working flexibly and collaboratively across teams. Tate Eats offers you the opportunity to grow personally and professionally in a nurturing, diverse business.