Head Chef, Tate Modern Restaurant
Join our culinary team at Tate Modern as our new Head Chef! Are you a passionate, innovative, and experienced chef ready to take the lead in our Tate Modern Restaurant? At Tate Modern, you’ll have the opportunity to create art on a plate while working with a dynamic and creative team. With a stunning location overlooking the Thames and London’s iconic skyline, you’ll draw inspiration from both art and the vibrant city around you. If you’re ready to bring your culinary expertise to one of the world’s most renowned cultural institutions, we’d love to hear from you. Apply now and let your culinary journey begin at Tate Modern.
Tate Eats is unique in the cultural world, a hospitality business whose purpose supports the vision and reach of Tate in all four of its galleries. All our profits are returned to Tate championing the right to the richness of art for everyone.
Our business is multi-faceted, we run restaurants, cafés and bars while delivering a vast range of events from film premieres to boardroom lunches. We are though much more than that, we have a pioneering roastery setting the agenda on gender equality in the coffee supply chain. We brew beer, we blend gin, we create teas, we have a multi award-winning wine programme, we visit farms, we research and write menus in response to Tate’s diverse programme, and we collaborate with artists and curators.
The successful candidate will report to the Executive Head Chef and Group Senior Head Chef and will be required to work flexible shifts for up to 5 days a week including evenings and weekends
Our Head Chef will:
• have great knowledge of food and appreciation of the importance of food hygiene
• be flexible with duties; can work in various parts of the business
• have a proven ability to manage and motivate a team of 8-10 chefs
• be expected to carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
• ideally have experience in a busy grill restaurant and some pastry skills
• ensure provision of food work in a timely manner
• possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• provide full support to the kitchen brigade
• meet all health and hygiene requirements
• demonstrate strong training and quality control skills
• possess strong administration skills and attention to detail
Become part of the Tate Eats dynamic team and be part of Tate. We offer a supportive, engaging working environment that is inspired by our surroundings and the creative institution we support. You will be able to express yourself, be challenged to think differently while working flexibly and collaboratively across teams. Tate Eats offers you the opportunity to grow personally and professionally in a nurturing, diverse business.