General Manager, Howling Hops Tank Bar
General Manager at Howling Hops Tank Bar (Hackney Wick)
Howling Hops, an independent brewery in Hackney Wick with the UK’s first dedicated tank bar, requires a full time General Manager for our busy brewery taproom.
The Tank Bar’s unique 10 meter long bar serves 10 different beers directly from 10 big shiny tanks. The bar seats around 140 people inside and another 100 outside. It gets very busy, especially at weekends. We are open from midday, every day. There is a kitchen and a separate bar serving the usual bar drinks. DJs at the weekends and various events throughout the year. We’re looking for an energetic, super friendly beer nut to run the show.
· The smooth day to day running of the bar
· Overseeing the running of the kitchen residency.
· Recruitment, training and motivation of the bar team.
· Stock, ordering, rotation, management and stock taking.
· Full management of P&L.
· Responsibility for driving increased revenue through incremental sales of products and experiences
· Cost control management
· Social media publishing
· All aspects of health & safety
· Responsibility for the building of and ongoing management and delivery of the event program
· Leading by example to deliver outstanding customer service.
· Must have a progressive career, with at least 2 year of experience at General Management level within a in a similarly beer oriented pub or bar.
· Must have a positive and prominent presence, a firm leadership style and the ability to develop staff through coaching and hands on training.
· A good knowledge of all things beer
· Must be a natural hospitality professional, warm and welcoming.
Pay and Perks
· £38,000 per annum and workplace pension and holidays etc.
· Working in a fun environment for an independent business.
· Beer allowance and discount on merch, food and drinks.
To apply, please send CV (max 2 pages) and covering letter telling us why you think you’d be a great GM for the Tank Bar to: [email protected]
Strictly no recruitment agents.