Head of Marketing, The Camberwell Arms & Frank’s Cafe
The Camberwell Arms
The Camberwell Arms is a small, bustling restaurant in South London. In the kitchen, Chef Director Michael Davies and the team have asserted their own unique style within our neighbourhood restaurant, serving up a thoughtful selection of snacks, small plates and generous feasting dishes designed for sharing and conviviality.
We specialise in high quality produce and simple cooking. If we can make something ourselves, we do – charcuterie, sausages, smoked fish, pickles, pasta, breads and ice cream are all made in house – whilst the rest is carefully sourced from the best producers and cooked on our charcoal grill.
Frank’s Cafe is the flagship architectural commission of Bold Tendencies in Peckham. Located on the roof of Peckham’s multi-storey car park, with stunning views of the London skyline, the bar has become one of London’s most iconic and talked about summer destinations
We are looking for a Head of Marketing who can work across both Camberwell Arms and Frank’s Cafe to achieve our marketing objectives.
This is a new role so an exciting opportunity to create and develop the marketing function of a small, independent hospitality company.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Achieve revenue, footfall, brand awareness, enquiries and engagement objectives
- Be responsible for the creation and delivery of innovative monthly marketing plans for Camberwell Arms, Catering by Camberwell Arms and Frank’s Cafe
- Understand the commercial challenges and opportunities for each business and adapt the activity to suit the business need
- Build a content strategy and plan for each business for all owned channels
- Understand the local community and identify key opportunities for engagement to ensure each business is aware of current patterns, trends and events within their community
- Brief and manage the creation of on and offline marketing collateral to support key activations
- Create and manage marketing activity across all channels (social, digital, email, print, PR, advertising, partnerships etc.)
- Ensure a strong events calendar is in place per business
- Identify local community partnerships with like-minded brands to increase brand profile
- Drive newsletter sign up and engagement with interested content which encourages bookings
- Write engaging and on brand copy for individual businesses for both print and digital
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 3 years experience within a marketing role
- Experience of working within restaurants
- A proven track record of being proactive and achieving goals
- Show an understanding of food, drink and Camberwell Arms and Frank’s Cafe brands
- Be creative and innovative in seeking out and developing new opportunities and ideas
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisation skills with an ability to prioritise a busy schedule
- A passion for true hospitality and a love of delicious things
What we can offer you:
- A small, independent hospitality company where you will have the opportunity to lead exciting projects and deliver excellent guest experiences
- A fun and professional working environment
- A professional development budget for courses and training