Brawn, the neighbourhood restaurant on London’s Columbia Road, opened in 2010. Owned and operated by chef Ed Wilson alongside business partner and wife Josie Stead, the restaurant focuses on quality ingredient-led, seasonal cooking that compliments a discerning natural leaning wine list, delivered with genuine warmth and hospitality.
The menu is inspired by the seasons with a deep respect for produce and a love of regional, life-affirming cooking. The wine list takes a democratic approach with much of the front of house being involved in its development. The space is pared back with a carefully curated art collection, and deep, rotating record playlist adding to the restaurant’s charm.
Since its opening nine years ago, Brawn has gained a reputation as a unique and well-loved East London destination, where the relaxed environment and welcoming, knowledgeable team make it the very definition of neighbourhood dining. Brawn has also achieved a reach far beyond the boundaries of E2, hosting frequent collaborations with like-minded restaurateurs, chefs and winemakers from across the globe. It is currently listed at no.27 in the UK National Restaurant Awards and has retained a Michelin Bib Gourmand each year since opening.
To ensure the seamless running of the Restaurant and all its departmental operations in the most effective manner, delivering the highest possible standards of service, whilst being pro-active in maintaining and improving turnover and profitability, reporting directly to the owners.
Objectives and Goals:
- Delivery of business strategies, with the support of key department heads.
- Seek and maximise revenue opportunities and minimise costs.
- Consistently exceed guest expectations.
- Develop a motivated and high performing team committed to delivering clear goals set by the company.
- Protect the health, safety and well being of our guests and colleagues.
- Continuing to drive the business forward, maintaining and strengthening Brawn’s position as a leading restaurant.
In summary you will need to demonstrate and carry out and maintain high customer awareness by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
- You must be motivated and committed to the development of Brawn.
- You must be enthusiastic and adaptable responding quickly & positively to ever-changing requirements and responsibilities.
- You must maintain a high level of teamwork by showing cooperation to your fellow colleagues in pursuit of the company’s goals.
- To have a positive impact – take personal responsibility and initiative – lead by example.
The Ideal Candidate:
This is truly a rare and exciting opportunity.
The right candidate will be motivated by the prospect of delivering, maintaining and developing Ed and Josie’s philosophy of hospitality and will strive to be integral to the strength and character of the restaurant.
This is very much a hands on, service driven role. You will have worked in a similar role and like-minded establishment for a minimum of 2 years. You will have an inherently keen eye for detail and care for service, deep wine knowledge, and a strong grasp on financials. You will bring a wealth of experience to an already established team, be responsible for pursuing further growth and inspired by the chance to take this business to its next level.